DRLM Client Installation¶
Since DRLM 2.0.0, DRLM clients (ReaR) can be installed and configured on a remote server from the DRLM server using drlm instclient
Let’s explain a little bit the steps this feature does:
- Create the drlm user
- Install ReaR dependencies
- Install ReaR package
- Configure ReaR to be managed by DRLM
- Configure SUDO for drlm user.
- Start and configure required services
Supported OSs for instclient command¶
Unattended Client Installation has been tested on:
- SLES (11 & 12)
- OpenSUSE (13 & Leap 42)
- RHEL & CentOS (5, 6 & 7)
- Debian (6, 7, 8 & 9)
- Ubuntu LTS (12.04, 14.04 & 16.04)
It should work on other RedHat, Debian or SUSE variants.
In order to install ReaR from DRLM server the client must have:
- Access to EPEL Repo to install rear from repo (CentOS,RHEL)
- instclient uses apt-get, yum and zypper, so repositories must be configured
- SSH enabled
- root user or user with administrator privileges to install, start services like rpcbind and configure ReaR, DHCP and sudo applications.
Run unattended install¶
To perform an unattended install of a DRLM client, just is needed to run instclient DRLM command like one of the following examples:
The client must be properly registered in DRLM with addclient command.
~# drlm instclient -c ReaRCli1 ~# drlm instclient -c ReaRCli1 -U http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Archiving:/Backup:/Rear/Debian_7.0/all/rear_1.17.2_all.deb
See Client Operations for more information