About DRLM Docs¶
DRLM Docs contains comprehensive documentation on the DRLM (Disaster Recovery Linux Manager). This page describes documentation’s licensing, editions, and versions, and describes how to contribute to the DRLM Docs.
For more information on DRLM, see About DRLM Project. To download DRLM, see the downloads page.
This documentation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (i.e. “CC-BY-NC-SA”) license.
The DRLM Manual is copyright © 2018 Brain Updaters, S.L.L.
Please, we encourage you to help us to improve this documentation.
To contribute to documentation the Github interface enables users to report errata or missing sections, discuss improvements and new sections through the issue-tracker at: DRLM Docs GitHub Issue Tracker.
The following features are supported on the most recent releases of DRLM. Anything labeled as (NEW!) was added as the most recent release. New functionality for previous releases can be seen in the next chapter that details each release.
Hot maintenance capability. A client backup can be made online while the system is running.
Command line interface. DRLM doesnot require a graphical interface to run. (console is enough).
Multiarch netboot client support (x86_64-efi, i386-efi, i386-pc)
Automatic client intallation from DRLM server
Error reporting support to:
- HP OpenView
- Nagios (NSCA & NSCA-ng)
Centralized backup scheduling with a job scheduler
Export and Import backup between DRLM servers or DRLM clients
Real time clients log in DRLM server
DRLM Version 2.3.1 (July 2019) - Release Notes¶
- Fixed DRLM user group permissions (issue #118).
- Fixed copy_ssh_id function with the -u parameter (issue #119).
- Listbackup in pretty mode without OS version / ReaR version works now (issue #120).
- Updated the default configuration.
DRLM Version 2.3.0 (June 2019) - Release Notes¶
- Golang DRLM API replacing Apache2 and CGI-BIN.
- Listbackup command now shows size and duration of backup.
- Improved database version control.
- dpkg purge section added.
- Improved disable_nfs_fs function.
- Added “-C” on install workflow to allow configuration of the client without install dependencies.
- Added “-I” in the import backup workflow to allow importing a backup from within the same DRLM server.
- Added “-U” on list clients to list the clients that have no scheduled jobs.
- Added a column on list clients that shows if a client has scheduled jobs.
- Added “-p” on list backups workflow to mark the backups that might have failed with colors.
- Added “-C” on addclient workflow to allow the configuration of the client without installing the dependencies.
- Debian 10 Support on install client workflow.
- Added ReaR 2.5 support on Debian 10, Debian 9, Debian 8, Ubuntu 18, Ubuntu 16, Ubuntu 14, Centos 6 and Centos 7.
- Added OS version and ReaR version in listclient.
- Added “-p” on list clients workflow to mark client status (up/down).
- Installclient workflow install ReaR packages from default.conf by default. Is possible to force to install ReaR from repositories with -r/–repo parameter (issue #114).
DRLM Version 2.2.1 (October 2018) - Release Notes¶
- Updated ssh_install_rear_xxx funcitons (issue #62).
- Ubuntu 18.04 support (issue #81).
- Fixed Mac address change not reflected on PXE (issue #65).
- Solve certificate deployment to clients (issue #66).
- Improve sched log cleanups (issue #67).
- Improve addclient and addnetwork database ID allocation (issue #69).
- New variable SSH_PORT has been created on default.conf to allow user to choose the ssh port (issue #70)
- Improve security on HTTP server getting the client config (issue #76).
- Delete client related jobs in delclient workflow (issue #82).
- Updated timeout for drlm-stord.service (issue #74).
- Modnetwork server ip now modify client.cfg files (issue #77).
- In modnetwork if netmask is not specified is taken database saved netmask.
- In addnetwork if network IP is not specified will be calculated (issue #84).
- Problem with PXE folder file parsing fixed (issue #86).
- Automatically remove DR files after failed backup (issue #90).
DRLM Version 2.2.0 (September 2017) - Release Notes¶
- “Make deb” improved deleting residual files.
- NEW Real time clients log in DRLM server.
- NEW bash_completion feature added to facilitate the use.
- It is possible to perform a “rear recover” without the parameters DRLM_SERVER, REST_OPTS and ID.
- listbackup, listclient and listnetwork with “-A” parameter by default.
- SSH_OPTS variable created in default.conf for remove hardcoded ssh options.
- Debian 9 compatibility added.
- Improved client configuration template.
- Improved treatment of deleted client backups
DRLM Version 2.1.3 (May 2017) - Release Notes¶
- Update Debian 6 installclient dependencies. (issue #57)
- Now “apt-get update” is done before “apt-get install” in instclient debian workflow.
- Set global UMASK value for all DRLM creating files durting execution.
DRLM Version 2.1.2 (March 2017) - Release Notes¶
- SUDO_CMDS_DRLM added in default.conf allowing to easy add new sudo commands.
- Automatic creation of /etc/sudoers.d if not exists on systems RedHat/CenOS 5.
- Fixed some errors for dependencies on default.conf.
- DRLM_USER variable deleted on addclient and help.
- Added sudo for command stat to allow check size on File Systems without perms.
- Sudo configuration files are dynamically created according to the OS type.
- Solved problem for start services with non root user.
DRLM Version 2.1.1 (February 2017) - Release Notes¶
- Solved some of bugs. (issue #49, #50)
- No Client ID required for delete backups. (issue #40)
- No Client ID required for manage backups. (issue #46)
- bkpmgr: Persistent mode deleted.
- Solved PXE files: forced console=ttyS0 in kernel options. (issue #52)
- Solved hardcoded PXE filenames (initrd.xz (lzma) now supported). (issue #52)
- While recommended, It ain’t mandatory to use hostname as client_name. (issue #52)
- Solved drlm user hardcoded in installclient. (issue #51)
- NAGSRV and NAGPORT added in default.conf.
DRLM Version 2.1.0 (February 2017) - Release Notes¶
- DRLM reporting with nsca-ng, nsca. (issue #47)
- DRLM Server for SLES. (issue #45)
- Support for drlm unattended installation (instclient) on Ubuntu (issue #43)
- NEW Import & Export DR images between DRLM servers. (issue #39)
- Pass DRLM global options to ReaR. (issue #37)
- New DRLM backup job scheduler (issue #35)
- Addclient install mode (automatize install client after the client creation) (issue #32)
- Solved lots of bugs
DRLM Version 2.0.0 (July 2016) - Release Notes¶
- Multiarch netboot with GRUB2 - x86_64-efi i386-efi i386-pc - (issue #2)
- New installclient workflow (issue #5)
- Added support for systemd distros - RHEL7 CentOS7 Debian8 - (issue #14)
- Use bash socket implementation instead of netcat (issue #15)
- runbackup workflow enhacement with sparse raw images with qemu-img reducing backup time and improving management (issue #16)
- Added support for parallel backups on DRLM (issue #22)
- Added support for new DB backend sqlite3 (issue #23)
- Added support for Nagios error reporting (issue #28)
- Added support for Zabbix error reporting (issue #29)
- Added support for Mail error reporting (issue #30)
- Added timeout var for Sqlite in sqlite3-driver.sh for avoiding database locks.
- Added source of local.conf and site.conf files in drlm-stord
- Solved lots of bugs
- DRLM documentation updated to reflect version 2.0 changes
This documentation is under constant development. Please be patient…